Tuesday 4 December 2012

Hello World



So here we are. December 2012 and I decide to open up my own blog site.

I genuinely thought that this day would never come; I never truly believed that I would become one of those people that write about their experiences on a self-indulgent website. Not that there's anything WRONG with that, at all.

I have huge respect for people that write their experiences & gotchas online for all to see. I have used this information for years to discover the latest and greatest releases from my competition (vendor Press Releases are seldom useful and actually contain the information needed about what they're writing about!), for example. Or new releases from my partner vendors who are releasing new features or gotchas about a product I was interested in. I just figured that I would never have time (or the patience) to create postings (with diagrams) about my experiences in the field.

However, I have bitten the bullet, and I'm going to give it a go. Please bear with me. I'm learning on the job here. But I intend to fill this space with useful findings from my day job and interests.

My first "proper" post will be about my first two weeks at my new employer "Nimble Storage". Expect it imminently!

No comments:

Post a Comment